Friday, August 12, 2011

My little sister is growing up!

My little sister is going to be a freshman in high school this year! And didn't quite hit me until.....830 this morning when I dropped her off at good ole CHS for her freshman orientation! HOLY CRAP! When did this happen? Since when did I leave Central and now she goes there? I just think it's the strangest thing. Last night she got to cheer for the first time at the jamboree and it was so much fun watching her! I even found myself watching Central play and cheering for them?! And then morning when I dropped her off, I felt so many emotions! I was happy that she's in hs now, I was confused that she's in hs now, I was (I can't believe I'm about to say this) a little bit jealous. Don't get me wrong, I do not, I repeat, I do not miss hs at all! But freshman year was SO much fun. It was the best year I had at Central. I'm just glad that she's going to get to go to a much better Central than I did. Not that anything was wrong with it, because in all honestly I loved Central. I just didn't much care for hs itself nor did I care for pretty much anyone in the school. I did have my favorite teachers of course. I still keep in touch with several of them. Those teachers meant so much to be, because they weren't just my teacher, they were my friend too. I guess I'm just excited for Jordan to experience everything I did while I was at Central. I hope she meets those favorite teachers who she can have relationships with outside of class. I hope she befriends all the principals so she'll never get in trouble. I hope she buys Mrs. Pratt's DECA cookies and I hope she takes Marketing so she gets to bake them! I hope she gets to take drivers ed with Coach Patty (who I'm still in love with and going to marry one day). I hope she gets out of class to do favors for teachers. I hope she has a class with Skip so she can secretly call him Skip behind his back. Gah, I sound like a sappy mom writing this! But seriously, I think I like Central now more than when I was actually a student there.



If you really knew me you would know that I move into my apartment tomorrow and I'm getting very anxious/excited/nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment