Thursday, March 31, 2011

I am officially a Powell Panther! Roaaaaaaaaar

Yes, it happened. I am officially a YoungLife leader at Powell High School! I seriously still don't believe this happened. I was afraid I was going to wake up this morning and realize it wasn't true at all. I've already told the story about a billion times, so I can wait to tell it again for the blog. It's pretty much the greatest story ever to be told. So here goes nothin'...

Yesterday was Wednesday. I typically hate Wednesday's for the simple fact that I have chem lab from 3:30-6:30. Torture. Well yesterday was going good. I just tried really hard all day not to think about what was going to happen that night. I prayed a lot and I just kept telling Jesus I trust you I trust you I trust you. Because I did. I trusted that he would put me at the school he best saw fit for me. I talked to Jesus all through my classes, while I was walking to classes, while I was eating. No joke, all day long. Right before lab was about to start I started to get extremely anxious. My heart was getting giddy and I just had to keep telling asking that Jesus calm my heart and my nerves and my excitement so I could get through lab. And He did. Mel and I did some serious work and got done with our lab at like 5:30! (ps, she is the sweetest, most angelic friend I've ever had, and I love her a lot.) Okay so we got done with lab and we went and got my car and I took Mel, Cayce, Kim, and myself to Steph's house for dinner. Once we all got to Steph's the other girls from my small group that were there but weren't getting placed took our phones and all our stuff. It was scary. But then they pampered us like princesses. They made us sit down the whole time and they got us whatever they wanted and they made us Spaghetti with salad and garlic bread. Dinner was so great and full of sweet conversation. After dinner Steph asked if we wanted to have dessert at the table or in the living room, so we opted for the living room and once again, they made us sit down and they served us. They each asked us what kind of ice cream we wanted, and of course I wanted a little bit of chocolate and vanilla. Steph made cookies and put them in the bottom of our bowl with ice cream on top and it was so yummy. Well, as I was eating my ice cream I noticed that the bottom of my bowl said PHS on the bottom. At first I was just confused. I was like I wonder why Steph has a Powell bowl, but I didn't really think much of it considering people just acquire things from friends that went to other schools all the time. Well as I scraped away more of my ice cream I realized that the bottom of my bowl said P.H.S Panthers on the bottom.....and that was it!!!!!! That was school Jesus had placed me at! Once I realized I was going to be a leader at Powell I just lost it. I was so exciting and happy and just full of joy! The three other girls that were also getting placed started freaking out because they didn't understand why I just randomly started crying. But the other girls who filled the bowls new what was going on, they still didn't know where we were though. So once the girls figured out is was in the ice cream bowls they freaked out and ran to the sink to get rid of their ice cream! It was such a special time. My friend Morgan is at Hardin Valley, my friend kim is at West, and my friend Cayce is at Central!!! Once we all celebrated our schools, Steph brough us together and told us each exactly why we were placed at our school. It was so great to hear why I am at Powell High School. In my interview I talked alot about just being so broken in hs, but I had to be tough, and hard, and pretend like I had it all together. I had the hardest shell on and I wasn't about to let anybody break it down. According to Steph, a lot of Powell girls are the very same way. They put on this front, but on the inside they are very broken. I was meant to be at Powell High School. And now I can see how more than ever! After Steph told us why we were each where we are, we all sat in a circle and the rest of the girls in our small group prayed over the four of us. It was just a really special night. The 9 other girls in our small group that didn't decide to get placed were still there for a us all night, and I think that is what made the night so special. They didn't have to come at all, but they wanted to be there for us and watch us through a special time in our lives. This is a little off topic, but those girls mean the world to me. They made this past year so much more enjoyable, and I will forever cherish the moments and conversations and laughter we shared. I'm so glad Steph is going to continue our small group next year! I would not know what to do without it and her! After we all prayed we packed up and went to the YoungLife house to meet our team leaders and the new quest people that are also on our team! Once everyone got to the YL house, Tim prayed over all of us and we went with our team leader to do something fun for the night. So then I went out with my new team members and two people who are already on the team, Devin and Thomas, made us do a little scavenger hunt! It was super great, and since I practically live in Powell I knew where everything was. I could ramble on so much more about last night, but I'll save you from the boredom. Basically, last night was magically. Seriously. I have never been so happy in my whole life. And tonight I get to go to my first YL club as a leader!!!!!!!! Except I have a stupid class at 6:30, that I am not looking forward to. Can't wait to tell you about tonight. And I can't wait to hear about how all my friends first club's went! This is almost too exciting. I have honestly never been happier in my whole life. This whole year has been the best year ever! Sorry I'm rambling.  JESUS SAVES!

If you really knew me you would know that I am obsessed with cinnapies from papa johns. (have I said that already?)

No comments:

Post a Comment