Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Long time no see....

Dang, it's almost been a month since I've posted anything on here. I do apologize. I would say I've been super busy and just haven't had time, but then I'd be lying. I have all the time in the world. For instance, right now I am sitting in front of Ayers Hall on a bench just taking in this beautiful morning, and posting on my blog of course. I feel like I have A LOT to catch up on. But I won't start with a month ago. Let's see, I'll start with my YL interview, because that was probably what I was talking the most about. Well, I guess it was 2 weeks ago. Steph texted me Wednesday during lab and said my interview would probably be after Quest...which is on Wednesday. So I kind of went into panic mode for a little bit. I was trying to think of questions they would ask me so I would already know the answer. I was anxious and excited and nervous and scared and pumped all at the same time. So I went to Quest and tried not to think about it the whole time. I prayed about it a lot while we were singing. And then......Quest was over and Steph took me upstairs. I was definitely nervous by this point, but it was a good nervous. I wasn't like about to throw up or anything. I was ready to do it! So Steph and Lindsay took me into this office-like room with a couch and chairs and the interview began. It was THE GREATEST thing I have ever done in my whole life. I could sit here and tell you every question she asked me and my answer to it, but there's no need for that. Basically, I've never felt so good about something in my whole entire life. I knew Jesus was in that interview with me. Sometimes I had answers and I had no idea where they came from. Jesus spoke through me, and I felt so good after that I got to share about my story and where I stand with Jesus. Obviously, Steph knows pretty much everything about me, so really it was just a conversation with my and Lindsay. Which I absolutely loved! Lindsay and I know each other, but not as well as Steph and I. I spend a week with Lindsay and other girls from Quest back in January when we did work crew. That was probably one of the greatest weeks of my life. Lindsay is seriously one of the most christ-like people I've ever met. Not only does she love Jesus with her whole entire entire, but she is just so knowledgable about the everything as well. She is such a great leader, and I was so glad that she did my interview. It was one of the best days I've ever had. So now, I officially know that I am going to be a YoungLife leaderl!!!!!! I am so pumped. I think about it every day. I don't think we find out what school we are going to be placed at for another week or so. But I can't wait! I will definitely keep you posted on that :)

So last week was spring break. Which was very much needed! It was probably one of the best spring breaks I've ever had. Simply because I didn't just sit at home all day everyday. Trust me, I do love just sitting and watching tv, but it was nice to get out and do stuff with friends! Saturday I went to Nashville with Morgan, a girl in my small group. We just went for the day. Ate some Cheesecake Factory, shopped, and met her from at the airport who had been gone for 6 months! It was great fun and we had some good conversation. Then Monday several girls from my small group went to Morgan's house for dinner and we watched the Bachelor finale, which I'm not too pleased with. I think Emily is a fake. But that's just my opinion and a whole other blog post. I didn't do much of anything on Tuesday or Wednesday. Went to Big Ed's for pizza one night, which was way good. Then on Thursday, my mom and sister and myself went to Atlanta for a few days. We did a bunch of eating and shopping, and then on Saturday we went to Six Flags. I've decided that I don't like Six Flags at all anymore. Anyways, went  headed home Saturday night, and we got home around midnight. Early Sunday morning Chase, Jess, Jane, and myself headed to Bristol for the Nascar race! It was seriously one of the greatest experiences of my life! I had way too much fun! And I will definitely go back. I could seriously talk about the race for hours. It was so great and so hilarious. And then Monday....I came back to school. Which is a major bummer. Of course, I have like 2 tests and a critique due this week. So it's kind of a busy week, but I'm hoping it will go by fast. I'm ready for the weekend already. I just really love being at home...which brings me to another topic. Jess and Jess and I have been looking at apartments and places to live next year. I really want to live on my own, but at the same time I just really want to live at home. I love home!  I just love being at my house. I'm definitely a home body. I just know that if I live at home that it will be extremely hard for my to concentrate on school work. I just think living at home will be the easiest option and I'll be saving money. Who knows that will happen though.

Well, I've talked a lot. And I could probably say a lot more, but I'm just going to take in the outdoors before class starts.
If you really knew me you would know that I wake up really easy in the mornings. I would definitely consider it a quality of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment