Thursday, February 24, 2011

Big Week

This week is a big week. For starters I have a huge Chemistry test Friday. So basically any week is considered big when there's a Chemistry quiz or test involved. These suckers are so dang HARD! And to make it even better, I don't know how to study for them. I don't know how to study at all actually! On top of the Chemistry test I have to turn in my YoungLife application this Friday. This is such a big deal for me. I can't and won't just be able to write something down and turn it it. I started it Sunday and I finally finished answering all the questions Tuesday. I just really like to think about each question and write everything my heart wants me to say. So now that I've answered everything I really need to go back and reread everything I've written and make sure it's all in tip top shape. Another thing that goes along with the application is a recommendation. The unfortunate part about the recommendation is that everyone else gets to have their YoungLife leaders do it. But because my YoungLife leader and another YoungLife leader that I was also close with are both Quest leaders, they can't write the rec. for me. It's been very overwhelming. I haven't been super involved with the church my whole life. It's kind of been and off and on type thing, and right now I'm trying to decided which church is right for me so that I can belong to a church family. So if I can't use a pastor or youth minister, or family and friends, I was getting pretty hopeless. But last night Mrs. Pratt randomly came into my head while I was in the library. Mrs. Pratt is a marketing teacher at Central, and although I only ended up taking on of her classes, I feel like she knows me very well. I competed at DECA competitions for two years, went to State with her twice, and went to New York with her. I feel like she knows how I act in an environment besides school. She's seen me under stress, but she's also seen my everyday life style too. So last night I emailed her at midnight and asked her about my YL rec. Before I went to bed last night I just prayed and prayed and prayed that if she was meant to write it then she would, and if she wasn't, she wouldn't. So this morning I got up and checked my email and Mrs. Pratt said that she would LOVE to write a rec for me! I read it a good five times and then I seriously just cried. It made me so happy! Obviously Jesus had the idea of Mrs. Pratt, which is why He put her in my head so late last night. He knew I was concerned with the situation. And last night after praying about it, He answered. I love when I am can become still enough to actually see Jesus working in my life. Being still is another thing I've prayed about all week. I just have a racing mind all day everyday and it's so hard for me to be still and listen to what scripture is saying and what Jesus is saying. It's a hard task, but I've got to learn how to do it!

Wow, sorry for rambling..but one more thing! I'm going to visit Halls YL club tonight and I am SOOOO excited! I really love this whole visiting clubs thing. It's so much fun to be back in a high school YL and watch how the kids interact. I mean I was there just a year ago and it's already so crazy how much differently I acted then compared to now. I'm really looking forward to leading these lost and broken high school kids. I'm just ready to love on them already and I don't even know them! I don't even know what school I'll be at!

Well, it is such an ugly day outside and I already skipped one class this morning, so I should probably make it to my next class.

If you really knew me you would know that when I eat peanut butter like it's candy.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor,
    You are one of the sweetest people I know and you will make a great YL leader. I think about you often and now pray that you will continue to have an open heart for God and receive what He has in store for you life! Your journey is just beginning! I'm so proud of you!
    Sara Buff

    ReplyDelete