Saturday, February 19, 2011

Am I Ready For Battle?

Am I totally crazy and stupid for wanting to be a YoungLife leader? Probably so. Those were Tim's exact words Wednesday night at Quest. His talk was based around Judges chapter 6 & 7. It's about this big battle that was going on between Gideon and the Midianites. There were 32,000 men ready to battle, but Jesus said there were too many and he basically said if you are the slightest bit afraid you need to leave. So 22,000 men left, leaving 10,000. But Jesus still thought there were too many men. Gideon was told to take the men to the water see how they drank it. If they cupped the water and drank it like a dog, they were to stay. If they kneeled, they were to go. Only 300 men lapped the water out of their hands. So basicallyI should be asking myself, Jesus are you me into this battle. The battle being leading YL. Because according to Tim, leading is like a real life battle. Only 300 are CALLED to battle, because there are A LOT of sacrifices that go along with it. Time, money, time, grades, time, sleep, time, time, time. But after hearing such an honest, intimidating talk, I can say, wholeheartedly, that I am suppose to go into battle. Now I've just got to get geared up, and before I know it, the time will be here.

Thursday night I went to visit Fulton's club. It was a lot different than I expected it to be. I thought it would be much bigger and much more crazy and wild. That's the kind of atmosphere I'm looking for. But don't get me wrong, I have so much fun. I had a really great time getting to know the team after. This week I'll hopefully be visiting West and next week Carter. Now I need to be working on my application and getting my recommendation out. This is all happening SO fast.

As for right now, I am about to go get ready and go to dinner and a movie with some gal pals of mine for Chelsea's birthday!


If you really knew me you would know that I love to be tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment